How can we help?
The Teaching and Learning Commons provides a variety of assistance to promote excellence in the creation and development of high quality learning experiences:
The Graduate Academy:
The Graduate Academy is a suite of programs focusing on transferable skills for career success: teaching, research, writing, leadership, entrepreneurship, career exploration, and networking.
- How can I change my course?
TLC can assist with revising syllabi, creating course materials, and/or implementing new instructional methods
- What resources might help me?
TLC provides individual consultations, workshops, and access to online resources from WVU and peer institutions.
- Where can I go for assistance on classroom technology?
TLC provides training on classroom equipment and the integration of technology into curriculum.
- How can I include research in the classroom?
TLC can provide resources for coaching students on research skills; in addition, we can help instructors to conduct research on their teaching.
- Teaching and Learning Consultations related to course design, effective & efficient teaching practices, and integrating technology (i.e. flipped classroom, problem-based learning, engagement, outcomes/assessment, and instructional design principles)
- Workshops on a range of teaching topics based on instructor feedback and requests
- Departmental planning sessions to assess curriculum or discuss curriculum changes
- Course Development Projects (eCampus, blended learning, interactive learning)
- Media Creation (audio, graphics, streaming media, video, and WVU iTunes U)
- Classroom Technology Training/Demonstrations
To get started, please submit a request.