NOW OPEN FOR REGISTRATION!
This session will focus on organizing a course within a Learning Management System. While the course will take place in eCampus, the principles and concepts of course organization and design will be applicable to other platforms (e.g. SOLE). This session will also focus on communicating with students. Principles of communication, strategies for communicating with students, and the different communication tools available will be included. You will also have the opportunity to develop a communication plan that will guide your communications with students.
Session Two: Student Engagement January 11 - 15
The focus of this session is using tools and strategies to engage your students.
These tools and strategies fit various disciplines and computer platforms and
cover synchronous and asynchronous approaches for those who will be teaching
online. You will have the opportunity to use some of the tools from the student
perspective and the chance to create an active learning activity that you can
use in your course(s).
Delivery Method: These Mini-Institutes will be delivered asynchronously with optional synchronous opportunities. The TLC will host two Q and A sessions each week and will also have “Office Hours” available on days when there is no Q and A session. They are available in the eCampus Learning Academy (see enrollment instructions below).
Fall Hybrid Teaching Institute (FHTI)
This semester long Institute has been completed, but a new opportunity will be announced soon.
- Building Your Course Blueprint (backward design and alignment)
- Exploring the Learning Management System (eCampus)
- Interactivity and Engagement (both synchronous and asynchronous)
- Creating and Curating Content
- Learning Activities
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Delivery Strategies
How to Enroll in a Learning Academy Course
- Log in to eCampus with your WVU credentials.
- In the right-hand column look for the Course Catalog section and select Learning Academy.
- Search for the name of the course, “Winter Institute”. Look for LA.Winter_Institute_1_-_January_4_-_8 and LA.Winter_Institute_2_-_January_11_-_15.
- When you see the course in the list, hover over the Course ID column and you will see a downward chevron. Click it and choose “Enroll” from the menu that appears.
- You are now enrolled in the course.