NOW OPEN FOR REGISTRATION!
EDGE Teaching Institute
Educators Designing Great Experiences
May 23 - September 6, 2022
Please Note: This is a repeat offering of the EDGE Institute from Summer 2021 and Fall 2021.
Teaching is an iterative process. To help you make continual improvement this self-paced asynchronous course will systematically guide you through through elements of designing and delivering a quality course, whether face-to-face, hybrid, fully online, or HyFlex.
The course will include:
- Ways to curate and create content for both face-to-face and online delivery
- Strategies for delivering engaging learning activities both synchronously and asynchronously
- Opportunities to engage in guided reflection on how to use the included strategies and tools
The Institute will open Monday, May 23rd, 2022 and remain available until Tuesday, September 6th, 2022. Registration is rolling and will remain open throughout the duration of the Institute. This self-paced course will be delivered asynchronously through eCampus Learning Academy. It is designed to be completed over a two-week period, but you are welcome to progress at any pace you prefer. Optional virtual synchronous Q and A sessions will take place once per month over the summer. More information on these optional synchronous sessions will be available in the course shell. TLC facilitators will also be available for scheduled consultation throughout the Institute.
Participants who complete all requirements for this course will earn a badge and will also be given a copy of Small Teaching: Everyday Lessons from the Science of Learning Second Edition by James M. Lang.
Our goal is that each iteration of your course will get better and easier, and we at the TLC are here to assist you throughout this journey.
Delivery Method: This institute will be delivered asynchronously with optional synchronous opportunities .
Registering for the EDGE Teaching Institute Learning Academy Course:
- Go to ecampus.wvu.edu (opens in a new tab) and sign in with your WVU credentials.
- On the lower-right side of the screen locate the box labeled “Course Catalog” and click the link labeled “Learning Academy”.
- 3. On the next screen, type “edge” into the search box and click “go”. The results should include a course titled “EDGE Teaching Institute SUMMER 2022” with the course ID “LA.EDGE_Teaching_Institute_SUMMER_2022”.
- Hover you mouse over the Course ID to reveal the gray dropdown arrow, click it, and then select "Enroll" and "Submit".
- Click "OK" on the resulting page in the lower-right corner. You will now be enrolled in the course. It should now be available in your list of courses on the My WVU eCampus page.