NOW OPEN FOR REGISTRATION!
Online Course Development Mini-InstitutesSession One: August 10 - 14 (FHTI-MINI-0810-TLC)
Session Two: August 17 - 21 (FHTI-MINI-0817-TLC)
These are short courses targeted at sharing best practices related to the successful design and delivery of quality online courses. We will be walking faculty through the streamlined eCampus template that has been designed to help instructors quickly move their content to online delivery. We will also be focusing on two key rubrics that are explored in the longer version of our institute to promote quality learning experiences.
Fall Hybrid Teaching Institute (FHTI)
To help support WVU faculty and instructors with (re)designing their Fall 2020 courses,
we have developed an 8-module Fall Hybrid Teaching Institute (FHTI), which runs
from May 18th through the Fall 2020 semester (registration ongoing). It covers
the spectrum of delivery modalities available, including an exploration of the
Hybrid-Flexible (HyFlex) instructional model that is quickly gaining popularity.
- Building Your Course Blueprint (backward design and alignment)
- Exploring the Learning Management System (eCampus)
- Interactivity and Engagement (both synchronous and asynchronous)
- Creating and Curating Content
- Learning Activities
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Delivery Strategies
The course is available in eCampus Learning Academy, and you may self-enroll.
How to Enroll in a Learning Academy Course
- Log in to eCampus with your WVU credentials.
- In the right-hand column look for the Course Catalog section and select Learning Academy.
- Search for the name of the course, such as “Fall Hybrid Teaching Institute” (the full version) or for our mini-institutes look for FHTI-MINI-0810-TLC (starts August 10th) or FHTI-MINI-0817-TLC (starts August 17th).
- When you see the course in the list, hover over the Course ID column and you will see a downward chevron. Click it and choose “Enroll” from the menu that appears.
- You are now enrolled in the course.
Enrollment Details Document