What Is Peer Support of Teaching?
- Collaborative reflection on a teaching observation
- Discussion of teaching and learning objectives (may involve review of materials, e.g., syllabi, online teaching strategies, assignments, student work, SEIs)
- Recorded classes (audio and/or video)
- Student focus group
- Observation of a peer’s class
- Preparation of teaching documentation for promotion and tenure
- Course review or debriefing
- Development of a new course
Any instructor (full-time or part-time) at WVU can request Peer Support regardless of the teaching delivery modality (face-to-face, blended, online). This is a free service provided through the Teaching and Learning Commons (TLC) to the WVU teaching community.
After you request Peer Support, a Peer Support Associate will be matched
with you based on your needs. You and your peer will meet to discuss on what you want to
focus during your work together. The two of you will discuss options and
mutually determine the best approach to support your needs.
Please keep in mind that requests will be fulfilled as resources are available. If you have any questions about the Peer Support process, call the TLC at 304-293-5824.