Contingency Planning and Preparedness
Please click the Instructor Guidance button for an overview of tools to keep your class progressing over the rest of the semester. Click the Webinars and Open Q&A button for our current schedule of special offerings. Follow us on social media for updates!
We're here to help!
The Teaching and Learning Commons (TLC) provides teaching support and resources for
faculty, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows. TLC staff collaborate with
campus partners to assist instructors in enhancing their teaching tools, whether
on campus or online, to deepen student learning.
Faculty, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows may request assistance from the Teaching and Learning Commons staff. Some examples include course design, assessment consultations, infographics, videos, and classroom support.
Faculty, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows may alternatively choose to collaborate with another faculty member or graduate student through the Peer Support of Teaching Program. Some examples of the services provided through this program include discussions of teaching and learning, classroom observations, and course reviewsRequest TLC Assistance Request Peer Support
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
The Teaching and Learning Commons (TLC) invites proposals to present at our 7th annual Celebrate event on May 13th, with sessions being sought to:
- Enhance teaching;
- Showcase the latest instructional approaches and technologies;
- Promote networking for research collaboration (especially as it relates to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning);
- Share examples of academic excellence (e.g. assessment);
- Encourage fun and energizing wellness activities.
The TLC is looking for dynamic and interactive sessions (50 minutes in length including Q&A) that challenge our thinking and promote innovation in teaching and learning.
Please note that the submission deadline is noon, March 23rd. Event registration will open the first week of April. We’re looking forward to another great event!Submit Presentation Proposal
The LATEST NEWS
Straight from our Facebook page.
Upcoming Events and Workshops
Please note that the contingency planning webinars
(Overview, Tools, and Topics) are listed separately here.
- Apr912:00 PM - 1:00 PMAssessment Essentials #5: Connecting Learning in Courses to Learning Across ****CANCELLED*****
- Apr1710:00 AM - 12:00 PMAssessment Essentials #6 Using Rubrics Effectively ***CANCELLED*********
- Apr232:00 PM - 4:00 PMAssessment Essentials #6: Using Rubrics Effectively
- Apr2812:00 PM - 1:00 PMAssessment Essentials #6: Using Rubrics Effectively