We're here to help!
The Teaching and Learning Commons (TLC) provides teaching support and resources for
faculty, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows. TLC staff collaborate with
campus partners to assist instructors in enhancing their teaching tools, whether
on campus or online, to deepen student learning.
Faculty, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows may request assistance from the Teaching and Learning Commons staff. Some examples include course design, assessment consultations, infographics, videos, and classroom support.
Faculty may alternatively choose to collaborate with another faculty member through the Peer Support of Teaching Program. Some examples of the services provided through this program include discussions of teaching and learning, classroom observations, and course reviewsRequest TLC Assistance Request Peer Support
Graduate Academy Courses – Spring 2020
Graduate students! Are you looking for new teaching ideas? Do you want to be more prepared for the academic job market? Check out these Graduate Academy courses for Spring 2020, which range from 1 – 3 credit hours.
- GRAD 673: Careers in Higher Education - 2 credits
- GRAD 710: Scholarly Teaching - 3 credits
- GRAD 593C: Designing Scenarios to Engage Students - 1 credit
- GRAD 670: Readability in the Blended & Online Course - 1 credit
Learn more about the course offerings by by visiting the Upcoming Courses description page.
The LATEST NEWS
Straight from our Facebook page.
Upcoming Events and Workshops
- Jan233:00 PM - 4:30 PMChallenging Conversations in the Classroom
- Jan249:00 AM - 12:00 PMSo you've got assessment. Now what? A workshop on the basics of data analysis and visualization
- Jan291:30 PM - 3:30 PMNavigating the IRB Process for SoTL Research: A Webinar
- Jan302:00 PM - 5:00 PMSo you've got assessment data. Now what? A workshop on the basics of data analysis and visualization
- Feb34:00 PM - 5:00 PMWriting an Effective Teaching Statement
- Feb43:30 PM - 5:00 PMWriting a Diversity Statement