We're here to help
The Teaching and Learning Commons (TLC) provides teaching support and resources for
faculty, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows. TLC staff collaborate with
campus partners to assist instructors in enhancing their teaching tools, whether
on campus or online, to deepen student learning.
Celebrate Call for Presentations
The Teaching and Learning Commons (TLC) invites proposals to present at our 6th annual Celebrate event on May 8th, with sessions being sought to
- Enhance teaching
- Showcase the latest instructional technologies
- Promote networking for research collaboration (especially as it relates to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning)
- Share examples of academic excellence (e.g. assessment)
The TLC strives for balance in our educational programs to meet various interests. To achieve this, the TLC is looking for dynamic and interactive sessions (50 minutes in length including Q&A) that challenge our thinking and promote innovation in teaching and learning.
Please note that the submission deadline is March 26th. Event registration will open the first week of April. We’re looking forward to another great event!
Submit a Presentation Proposal
- Mar2211:00 AM - 1:00 PM#3 Effective Teaching: Classroom Environment
- Mar2811:30 AM - 1:00 PMEssentials for Creating an Online Course
- Apr43:00 PM - 4:30 PMOutstanding Tips from Outstanding Teachers
- Apr98:30 AM - 10:30 AM#4 Effective Teaching: Diversity
- Apr1111:00 AM - 1:00 PMWorkshop 3 of “How people learn” series