Magna Digital Library
WVU is offering all instructors (full- and part-time faculty and graduate teaching assistants) free access to the Magna Digital Library, Magna Publications’ new streaming service platform. Containing over 400 videos on a wide variety of topics related to teaching, this Library provides professional development the way you like it—on demand. Topics are wide-ranging. Examples include the following:
- Ways to Facilitate Critical Thinking
- Everyday Interactions to Instill a Growth Mindset in Students,
- Strategies for Developing Opportunity-Minded Learners
- Classroom Management
- Grading and Feedback
The videos range in length from 20 to 60 minutes and provide timely and practical information from higher education faculty and consultants from across the nation. You can explore the Library on the Magna website.
There are two stages to access the content.
Stage 1: Register and Create Your Magna Account
- Go to https://www.magnapubs.com/register/
- Determine if you prefer to use your WVU @mail or @mix account. Then enter the information in the required fields and click on Submit
- You will receive a message, "Thank you for completing your registration"
- Go to https://www.magnapubs.com/profile/join-sitelicense/a313560c723d865d28009a7a97361a23
- On the right side of the page, in the "Username or email address" box, enter the email address that you submitted in Step 2.
- Enter your password and click on Login
- On the My Account page, click on Join Team
- On the My Online Access page, select Go To Magna Digital Library
Stage 2: Access Your Account
- Go to https://www.magnapubs.com/profile
- Enter the username and password you created for your Magna account
- Click on the Log In button
- Select Go To Magna Digital Library