2017 Award Recipients
The Teaching and Learning Commons (TLC) has awarded nine grants and two honorable
mentions to West Virginia University faculty to encourage innovation in the classroom.
The grants were awarded to
- Priya Baskaran, Online Interactive Contract Drafting Software (Law)
- Jenny Boulware, Apple iPads (History)
- Carla Brigandi, Zimmerman Low-Vision Simulation Kit (Special Education)
- Matthew Dietz and Brian Grisez, Scanify 3D Scanner (Orthopaedics)
- Joseph Howard, Dremel 3D Printer (Engineering Technology - WVU Tech)
- Michael Ibrahim and Justin Massey, Zoom & Rode Microphones, Sony Video Camera (Music)
- David Krovich, Raspberry Pi (CSEE) for Cyber Defense
- Paul Lockman, Marina Galvez, and Werner Geldenhuys, Web Cams & Headsets (Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- Joseph Lupo, Laser Engraver (Art & Design)
- Bonnie Brown (Honorable Mention), Video Recording Camera Access (Native American Studies)
- Renee Nicholson (Honorable Mention), 360-Degree Camera Access (Multi- and Interdisciplinary Studies)
The awardees are expected to incorporate the technology into the classroom during the 2017-2018 academic year and present their findings in a poster session at Celebrate on May 9, 2018.